Follow me on Twitter at www.twitter.com/markthall

Sunday, August 16, 2009

His Word

This morning I took a moment to review the twenty-three blogs I have written since July 1st. When I just typed “blogs”, it was underlined in red as a misspelled word. My Office 2003 doesn’t recognize the word “blog”. I have had to manually enter it into the dictionary. I was hard pressed to figure out the origin of the word. The “log” part I get, but what is the “b”. I wondered if it stands for “blah, blah, blah”? Of course when I looked the word up on the internet, I learned that the word “blog” is a shortened version of the term “web log” which is defined as “a frequently updated personal journal chronicling links at a Web site, intended for public viewing”. I have written a message every second day since July 1st and have every intention of continuing to do so.

I can’t but marvel that I am doing so. I had never even read a blog until the last week in June. I had no idea where or how to set one up. It never crossed my mind that I would even read a blog little lone write one. I have been praying for months asking the Lord how I may serve Him. I have been, due to inescapable fatigue, unable for at least six months to deliver messages from the pulpit. All the same, in the last week of June, I developed a real interest in researching blogs and blog sites. I learned how to set up a blog and indeed how to announce each blog on Twitter. The Lord had very simply and quietly answered my prayer. I can publish His word at any time of the day or night at my own pace freed from the restrictions of specific time and place and my own physical limitations.

In the definition of web log there is one phrase that gives me great hope. It states that what I write is intended for public viewing. Indeed I pray for very public viewing of the words of the Holy Bible. In Isaiah 55: 10-11 we read:

10 "For as the rain comes down, and the snow from heaven, And do not return there, But water the earth, And make it bring forth and bud, That it may give seed to the sower And bread to the eater,
11 So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, But it shall accomplish what I please, And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.

The Lord has made me into a frequent and very willing sower of His seed. Every time I quote His words I cast them forth into cyberspace, wherever that is, and they do not return to Him void. His words, certainly not my words, as they go forth, accomplish what pleases God. These words prosper just as the Lord has intended. My function is to simply present the words as I am guided by the Holy Spirit and the Lord’s power will do the rest.

According to my personal definition of the term “blog”, my words are the “blah, blah, blah”. The words of God are the log itself. I marvel at the possibilities of casting forth His words like seeds on the seemingly infinite internet in this modern world.

(Comments, corrections, suggestions or rebuttals are welcome. My email link is contained in “About me: view my complete profile” to the right of this page or use the comment section below which requires that you have a Google account.)

No comments:

Post a Comment