Follow me on Twitter at www.twitter.com/markthall

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Our Saviour Is Born

Today is Christmas Eve. I look forward to our annual Christmas family dinner. We have celebrated with our children and grandchildren on Christmas Eve for as long as I can remember. Unfortunately, because of time, distance and work schedules, not all of our children and grandchildren will be in attendance. The good news is that two of my grandsons will join me this afternoon for ice fishing before dinner. I would like to take this opportunity to wish you every blessing as we prepare to celebrate the entry of our Lord and Saviour into this world. My blog will return on January 1, 2010.

Thank you for reading part or all of what I have written in the last six months. I have been blessed by the study and the writing. As the New Year approaches, I would like to encourage all to comment or make suggestions for topics etc. I must admit that it can get mighty lonely some nights as I write. I have no desire to evoke guilt in my readers, but if you have not commented because you felt I was buried in emails and did not have the time to respond, you are incorrect. The link to our email address is contained in my personal profile below.

Please continue to refer others to this blog site. I am more and more excited as it grows!

Have a great Christmas holiday as we celebrate the birth of Jesus!

14 "Glory to God in the highest, And on earth peace, goodwill toward men!" (Luke 2:14)

(Comments, corrections, suggestions or rebuttals are welcome. My email link is contained in “About me: view my complete profile” to the right of this page or use the comment section below which requires that you have a Google account.)

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to your devotionals as we enter 2010. May God Bless You.

    The years certainly seem to click by more quickly as time goes on. I find myself asking those big questions that we are all apt to ask from time to time. As I prepare for the family devotional a tradition we have kept with our children since they were very young ( we don't open gifts until we have enjoyed a devotional) I find myself wondering 'What if?' What if 33 years ago on December 18th I had not worked up the courage to ask Millie to the Christmas formal? What if we had not independently without knowledge of each other's choice chosen to attend Laurentian University? It may be that in that intersection of time we would not have become a couple to enjoy the love that we share these 33 years later. Then this got me to thinking about another What if? What if in God's plan, in the intersection of humanity and divinity, we did not have Christmas to remind us that God loves us. How clearly Christmas demonstrates God's desire to have us for himself. For many this truth is lost on them. They enjoy the story of the nativity, it is afterall quite the narrative of infatuation, pursuit, risk and relationship but for some reason never quites hit home that it was 'for me' that Christmas ever took place. So 'what if?' well I take comfort and am thankful, that God set his affection on me and his word tells me that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor
    height, nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to
    separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

    God bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete